Posts for: May, 2018
How your family dentists serving Granville, Peru, Spring Valley, Princeton, Oglesby, and La Salle can help you and your family
Your family’s dental needs are important, but they can get overwhelming. You can simplify things by having one dentist for your whole family. That’s where a family dentist comes in. Dr. Robert Dawe and Dr. Evan Fielder at Granville Dental in Granville, IL, want to share how a family dentist can help take care of your family’s dental needs to make your life easier. They proudly serve residents of Granville, Peru, Spring Valley, Princeton, Oglesby, and La Salle, IL, and they can help you too.
To take the best care of your family, you want a family dentist you can trust and that you can talk to. You want a family dentist that takes the time to answer your questions. Your dentists at Granville Dental can help save you:
- Stress, because you will know and trust your dentist and be familiar with the surroundings in case you or a family member should have a dental emergency. You won’t have to go “hunting around” for a dentist.
- Time, because multiple family members can be scheduled on the same day, making trips to the dentist more efficient and more productive.
- Money, because your family’s dental needs will be figured into your entire budget, making it easier for you to manage your family’s healthcare. Your dentists can also take care of minor dental issues before they turn into major dental problems.
At Granville Dental, your family’s dental needs will be met without having to go to different specialty offices. Consider that Granville Dental offers:
- Children’s dental care including first exams and x-rays, oral hygiene instruction, cleanings, sealants, and fluoride treatments
- Teen and young adult dental care including preventive visits and cleanings, and tooth-colored fillings to restore teeth affected by cavities
- Adult dental care including periodontal therapy, teeth whitening, veneers, CEREC same day crowns, dental implants, and other cosmetic and restorative services
- Emergency dental care including restorative treatments, extractions, and pain management
When you have one dentist for your whole family it can make your life easier by saving you time, money, and stress. For more information about family dentistry services, just pick up the phone and call Dr. Dawe and Dr. Fielder at Granville Dental serving residents of Granville, Peru, Spring Valley, Princeton, Oglesby, and La Salle, IL. Call today!
A yellowing smile can be embarrassing, but our Granville, IL, dentists can help.
While whitening toothpastes and at-home kits can certainly help prevent new dental stains from forming, they aren’t exactly as effective at removing preexisting stains as one might hope. If you have noticed that your smile has lost its luster, don’t worry; our Granville, IL, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Robert Dawe and Dr. Evan Fielder, can help fix this issue.
First and foremost, it’s important to understand how stains happen. While it’s normal for your smile to fade throughout the years, certain things like smoking or consuming certain dark foods or drinks (e.g. red wine; coffee) can make your smile fade even faster.
Well, tooth enamel is porous, which means that these stains can penetrate the outermost layers of the tooth where it’s impossible to just scrub the stain away with regular brushing. While a stained smile doesn’t necessarily mean that your smile is unhealthy, most people aren’t happy with the way their smile looks.
Luckily, teeth whitening can change all this. The professional whitening gel that our Granville dentist uses contains a high percentage of active ingredient. The two main active ingredients found in whitening products are carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide. Both of these agents work by going in and breaking up the stain molecules within the outer layers of the tooth.
Since the whitening gel used in in-office whitening contains a significantly higher percentage of the active ingredient this means that we won’t have to leave the gel on your teeth nearly as long in order to achieve optimal results. In-office teeth whitening is one of the fastest ways to get a brighter smile and to remove stubborn, deep-set stains.
Furthermore, professional teeth whitening can have you walking out of our office in under an hour with a smile that’s several shades whiter. Many patients can even get the results they want after just one in-office whitening session. Now, how’s that for fast?
Are you interested in getting professional teeth whitening treatment in Granville, IL? Want to turn to our dental team to give you the smile you just can’t wait to show off? Then schedule your consultation at Granville Dental to find out how our cosmetic services could benefit your smile.